Georgia-Pacific has an exciting new way of thinking and working -- and we are looking for individuals dedicated to our philosophy of securing a bright future for themselves and Georgia-Pacific. As a world leader in Consumer, Paper, Packaging and Building Products, we offer the stability of an 80-year old company and the creative energy of a brand new one!
Summary Provide H&S leadership and strategic direction to the facility through the application of the MBM framework and Guiding Principles.Ensure systems effectively address facility's H&S risk profile.Develop and/or align facility H&S strategy according to the business/enterprise H&S plan.Facilitate H&S ownership by the line organization.
• Basic Bachelors degree in Safety or related field, or equivalent work experience 5 years minimum H&S experience in industrial or manufacturing
• Experience with utilization of computer based applications such as Word and Excel
• CSP or demonstrated progress to achieve CSP Previous leadership role
• Experience in heavy manufacturing and/or chemical processes
• Experience in Behavior Based Safety (BBS)
Responsibilities & Expectations
• Provides leadership and direction to achieve the H&S vision through management commitment and employee ownership.
• A shared H&S vision has been developed and is integrated into the organization.
• Employees understand and exercise their decision rights regarding H&S.
• Activities are coordinated with contractors. Incentive metrics are performance based (i.e. leading indicators) in addition to outcome based (i.e. trailing indicator).
• Facilitates H&S ownership by the line organization through integration of the H&S Management System.
• H&S system elements are integrated into the line organization's responsibilities and expectations.
• Compliance standard owners are in place for each subject matter area.
• Leads the development of risk assessment methods/systems for anticipating, identifying and evaluating hazards.
• Facility has assessed and evaluated identified risks. An effective change management process is in place.
• Provide support to the Behavior Based Safety Steering Team to sustain and improve the process as needed.
• An industrial hygiene monitoring plan that includes monitoring activities and guidance in the implementation of controls to minimize exposure has been established.
• Assists facility leadership with the development of short and long-term H&S objectives, targets, strategies, and measures that prioritize and mitigate risks.
• A planning system is in place that addresses the needs of the facility.
• Action plans address the facility?s culture and risk.
• Ensures the development, improvement, and implementation of training systems to meet facility needs utilizing qualified instructors.
• Employees have an understanding of H&S regulations (OSHA, State, GP).
• Ensures there is a system in place for a facility to sustain and improve performance.
• Management reviews are routinely conducted and plans are adjusted as necessary.
• An active investigation team participates in incident investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective action development and implementation.
• Utilizes development plans to grow H&S skills and knowledge.
• Effectively communicates the Facility Health & Safety vision and performance to internal and external stakeholders.
• H&S data is captured in facility and corporate databases.
• The facility's H&S website provides functional and up to date information.
• H&S records are managed in accordance with records managment and the applicable H&S standard.
Georgia-Pacific is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more! We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at www.gp.com.
How to apply: Please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
BIG ISLAND, Virginia