Entry Level Extrusion Technician
Georgia Pacific, L.L.C. has entry level openings for Extrusion Technicians at its converting facility in St. Mary’s, GA. Successful applicants will be required to cut cores, wrap paper rolls, perform general clean up, drive a forklift, label products, help start up machines and other duties as assigned.
Candidates must meet the following Basic Qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age on the date of application.
- 6 consecutive months of manufacturing, industrial, construction, or warehouse experience is required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective
- Equipment as required
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hours
- Ability to work in a hot, humid, noisy, and high volume machine production area.
- Ability to work rotating 12 hour shifts, overtime, and weekends/holidays.
- Self motivated and committed to safety and organizational goals.
- Must be able to push up to 100 lbs, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude in order to troubleshoot machine problems.
- Use personal computer for basic record-keeping and documentation functions.
- Be able to pass a drug test and remain drug free.
- Must be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Willing to work in a tobacco free environment.
Candidates with the following qualities are highly encouraged to apply:
- Highly motivated individuals with a stable work history and strong work ethic
- Ability to operate, monitor, adjust and maintain machinery and/or drive fork lifts.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills and the ability to follow verbal/written instructions.
Candidates must demonstrate proficiency on competency skills tests to qualify. The hiring process will also include interviews, background checks and drug screening. Starting salary is $10.75/hour.
Georgia-Pacific pays competitive wages and provides excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, and Vision.
Georgia Pacific, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
St. Mary's, Georgia