OPERATIONS - MAINTENANCE GATEKEEPER
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting new way of thinking and working -- and we are looking for individuals dedicated to our philosophy of securing a bright future for themselves and Georgia-Pacific. As a world leader in Consumer, Paper, Packaging and Building Products, we offer the stability of an 80-year old company and the creative energy of a brand new one!
Summary of Position: Ensures all maintenance work performed is aligned to business needs and adds value
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Position responsible for managing and prioritizing daily maintenance activities in the Converting Department to improve safety and reliability of our equipment.
• This position has responsibility for developing and adhering to maintenance budget by prioritizing routine and extraordinary maintenance activities in order to meet the financial goals of the business unit.
• Requires active participation in safety initiatives.
• Participates in regular planning and scheduling meetings.
• Position requires 80% of time allocated to work on the floor.
• Position requires 20% of time allocated to meetings and managing work requests and the budget.
Bachelor's in Mechanical engineering degree or more than five years of converting experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Superior mechanical aptitude or maintenance background
• Computer skills-Microsoft Office, Indus, PTM - Strong leadership skills
• Effective communication skills
• Business savvy with an understanding of preventative maintenance activities
• Role models MBM Guiding Principles
• Experience managing a budget is a plus
• Requires work in a manufacturing environment that is hot and humid in the summers and cold in the winters.
• Position requires use of personal protective equipment.
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more! We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at www.gp.com.
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE
RINCON, Georgia, 31326