PAPER MACHINE LEADER
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting new way of thinking and working -- and we are looking for individuals dedicated to our philosophy of securing a bright future for themselves and Georgia-Pacific. As a world leader in Consumer, Paper, Packaging and Building Products, we offer the stability of an 80-year old company and the creative energy of a brand new one!
• Provide operational/business leadership and technical support for the liner machine at our Big Island facility.
• Troubleshoot and solve operational problems to achieve goals. Lead the operators through day to day quality and productivity issues adhering to customer orders and specifications.
• Focus on increasing equipment efficiency and reducing all forms of waste.
• Support and influence the operators to meet safety, quality, environmental, productivity and cost goals.
• Help them in identifying gaps and plans for resolving.
• Facilitate and coach operators to proactively troubleshoot opportunities using various software enablers such as PTM, simple RCA's and RCM's.
• Continuously improve the machine operations by teaming with operators, Production Leaders, AAL, Gatekeeper and Skill Developer to evaluate, prioritize and process all asset Improvement Ideas after providing feedback and encouragement to the originators of the ideas.
• Coordinate plans for their resolution.
• Optimize and coordinate production planning for this asset with the scheduling of trials, planned shutdowns, operator training, maintenance and capital installation.
• Track production versus plan and develop a strategic plan to reach world class levels.
• Participate in and support the Reliability Centered Maintenance process in the development, review and completion of RCA's, RCM's and equipment criticality.
• Function in the role of AAL, Asset Availability Leader/Reliability Manager for this asset.
• Coordinate and track all reliability functions and metrics.
• Manage budget for base materials, energy, clothing, and supplies.
• Develop short and long term capital and extraordinary maintenance needs.
• Manufacturing capabilities are aligned to meet current and future business needs.
• Developed and effectively communicated retail manufacturing strategy.
• Lead commercialization process for Big Island manufacturing.
• Further optimization of manufacturing planning process.
• Lead the execution of the retail financial plan; EM and Capital alignment
• 3+ years of paper machines and/or converting experience
• BS Engineering degree
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Leadership and facilitator skills.
• Strong understanding of manufacturing processes.
• Strong interpersonal and technical troubleshooting skills.
• Good communication skills. Team player.
• Project management abilities.
• Candor/Integrity, Influencing & Building Partnerships, Customer Focus, Team Work, Communicating, Humility
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more! We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at www.gp.com.
How to apply:
Click to Apply
BIG ISLAND, Virginia