OPTIMIZER - UTILITIES
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting new way of thinking and working -- and we are looking for individuals dedicated to our philosophy of securing a bright future for themselves and Georgia-Pacific. As a world leader in Consumer, Paper, Packaging and Building Products, we offer the stability of an 80-year old company and the creative energy of a brand new one!
- Define current capability of utilities power area providing operational/business leadership and technical support.
- Communicate capability based on production plan and equipment status.
- Participate in plans to identify and improve current capability.
- Prepare daily plan for Operators.
- Track actual production versus plan.
- Continuously improve the equipment and operations area by teaming with Operators, Production Leaders, AAL, and Gatekeeper to evaluate, prioritize and process all asset improvement ideas.
- Coach Operators in the use of new tools for execution of work processes.
- Optimize and coordinate planning with the scheduling of planned shutdowns, pre-shutdown inspections, operator training schedules, maintenance and capital installation plans, etc.
- BS Engineering Degree or Bachelor degree in an engineering discipline.
5+ years of power or recovery operational experience to include turbine generators, power boilers, and water & effluent systems.
Knowledge - Skills - Abilities:
-Leadership and facilitator skills; strong understanding of recovery and power operations, specifically turbine generators, power boilers, and water & effluent systems.
- Strong project management abilities and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Competencies: Problem Solving, Sense of Urgency, Team Work, Communicating, Accountability
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more! We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at www.gp.com.
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE