Georgia-Pacific has an exciting new way of thinking and working -- and we are looking for individuals dedicated to our philosophy of securing a bright future for themselves and Georgia-Pacific. As a world leader in Consumer, Paper, Packaging and Building Products, we offer the stability of an 80-year old company and the creative energy of a brand new one!
The responsibilities of a Converting Supervisor include direct supervision and training of hourly production employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Maintain a safe environment for yourself and all who report to you as well as enforcing safety requirements.
High School diploma required.
Available to work shift work. Available to work overtime. Minimum 5 years of experience in the packaging industry.
Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in the packaging industry, preferably within the Converting Department.
- Lead a team of people to deliver superior results.
- Basic computer skills including MS office and production software.
- Apply Communication Skills.
- Apply Safety knowledge.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Understanding of manufacturing, converting and corrugated, or packaging production equipment.
- Ability to take a leadership role in promoting Safety, Quality, Productivity and Operational areas.
- Reinforcing all compliance policies and procedures, including safe work practices, policies and procedures and environmental practice, policies and procedures.
- Lead Quality efforts on shift.
- Coach Operators on performing Value Added Tasks.
- Coach and lead Operators to drive improvement initiatives on shift.
- Coach and lead Operators to improve asset availability and uptime.
We are an EOE. M/F/D/V
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at www.gp.com.
Click HERE to Apply:
Buena Park, California