MGR OF ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY and HEALTH - Waxahachie, TX
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting new way of thinking and working -- and we are looking for individuals dedicated to our philosophy of securing a bright future for themselves and Georgia-Pacific. As a world leader in Consumer, Paper, Packaging and Building Products, we offer the stability of an 80-year old company and the creative energy of a brand new one!
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manger will provide the leadership, coordination, and technical expertise to achieve excellence in the areas of environmental and health and safety.The position is a vital part of the plant's management team and reports directly to the general manager.
This person will have accountability for:
- Identifying, managing, directing, developing, and auditing for continuous improvement the EHS systems, procedures, and policies.
- Developing and implement training for all personnel to assure understanding of environmental health and safety programs.
- Establishing a culture that focuses on EHS compliance as an overriding expectation for which everyone will be held accountable.
- Serving as a team leader to investigate and resolve complex EHS issues and concerns.
- Managing regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts, reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Directing outside contractors / internal resources to obtain appropriate and timely permits.
- Communicating effectively to all levels from floor to corporate executives the progress and trends towards achieving excellence in EHS compliance
Bachelors degree in safety, health and/or environmental sciences, engineering or related field including natural sciences. Appropriate experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Minimum of 5 years of appropriate experience with manufacturing and / or pulp and paper preferred.
Knowledge - Skills - Abilities:
- A people-oriented leadership style that seeks to educate and motivate
- A proactive, assertive, sense of urgency to problem solving and commitment to high performance work systems and change management
- Effective interpersonal / communication skills
- Use of standard computer software for reports / presentations
- Ability to organize, prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A good working knowledge and understanding of EHS regulatory requirements with technical expertise sufficient to manage the environmental and safety programs.
Competencies: Managing the Job, Team Work, Communicating, Accountability
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more! We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
To Apply, Click Here:
For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at: http://www.gp.com/