Georgia-Pacific has an exciting new way of thinking and working -- and we are looking for individuals dedicated to our philosophy of securing a bright future for themselves and Georgia-Pacific. As a world leader in Consumer, Paper, Packaging and Building Products, we offer the stability of an 80-year old company and the creative energy of a brand new one!
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintaining facility performance standards in a corrugated box plant. This includes maximizing equipment reliability/productivity and utilizing process tools and knowledge of system capability to set and achieve performance standards. Specifically, the position focuses on equipment reliability to maximize production line productivity. Manager is responsible for enforcing a safe environment and management of 10 to 15 employees including a Maintenance Coordinator.
Education: Technical Diploma or Associate's Degree and 5 years job related experience or equivalent
Basic Qualifications: Requires a minimum of 5 years experience in operations maintenance and at least 2 years of supervisory experience (preferably in a high-speed manufacturing environment).
Knowledge - Skills - Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in building and ground maintenance.
- Electronic testing and equipment servicing Maintenance planning and scheduling, mechanical maintenance and steam/power operation.
- Solid working knowledge is required on electrical/instrument maintenance.
- Process improvement skills.
- Solid analytical thinking skills Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable of Statistical Process Control and an ability to develop Standard Operating Procedures Competencies: Strategic thinking, leading with courage, active learning, team work, communication, oral & written; planning and organization; initiative; teamwork; analytical & problem solving; customer focus; sense of urgency; PC proficiency.
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at: www.gp.com
Apply Here Now