PROJECT MANAGER (Vapor) - 018693
Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations:
Flare Gas Recovery Project Manager -
* Plan and Execute projects in the most effective and economical manner to maintain, or improve, scheduled completion dates and anticipated profitability.
* Provide responsive solutions to client inquiries and develop appropriate recommendations by understanding the client's perspective and operations.
* Understand the design and operation of Flare Gas Recovery equipment, including Mechanical, Electrical and Control components.
* Emphasize communication and relations with the other departments, both internal and external to the company to reduce design revisions, omissions, and errors.
* Improve communication and relations with vendors and subcontractors to reduce errors and expenses.
* Maintain relations with manufacturing personnel, understand manufacturing processes, and facility capabilities to assist with successful, efficient project
* Maintain continued interaction with the customer throughout an entire project, including advising of current status and identifying overall affects of potential
* Provide cooperative customer support after equipment delivery.
* Complete project documentation as scheduled, such as operating and maintenance procedures.
* Ensure the timely issuance and payment of project invoices.
* Maximize working capital efficiency by maintaining account receivable invoices,
* After shipment, minimize customer compensation requests and warranty expenses
* Minimize rework costs before shipment, and bleed through costs after shipment
Work Experience Required:
-2+ years experience in Large Scale Project Management
Work Experience Preferred:
-5+ years experience in Oil and Gas Industry, Refining, or OEM (accompanied by a degree in Engineering)
BS in Engineering or demonstration of equivalent knowledge obtained through a combination of work experience and intellectual instruction (can be defined as 12+ years of direct technical work experience with engineering systems, "engineered to order" equipment, or the same experience within the Petrochemical/Oil and Gas/Refining industry
-BSME / BSChe
-PMP Certification Preferred
Physical Demands/Unusual Working Conditions:
-General office conditions with frequent trips to the manufacturing plant; proper PPE required
-Will be required to visit customer sites and must be able to climb multi-story buildings using stairs only. Must be able to internally inspect equipment without additional assistance
-International/Domestic travel required
Company Description: John Zink traces its roots to 1929 when John Steele Zink resigned his position at a gas company and began designing and selling a new burner that reduced fuel costs by burning natural gas more efficiently. The innovation and success of this product spread quickly throughout the industry and led to the company selling burners to refineries around the world. As time passed, other combustion related equipment, including flares and thermal oxidizers, was added to the product offering.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion continues this legacy as a global leader in developing next-generation products, technologies and solutions to increase efficiency and enhance air quality through the clean, efficient combustion of fossil fuels. John Zink branded products include flares, flare gas recovery systems, burners, thermal oxidizers, and vapor control systems.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion has more than 1,600 employees worldwide to serve our global customers. Our world headquarters is located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with additional European operations in Luxembourg, the UK, and sales and service offices strategically located worldwide.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion's technologies are put to work every day by industry giants worldwide that refine oil, produce plastics, distribute fuels, transport energy, and manage waste. Our engineers literally wrote the book on combustion; The John Zink Combustion Handbook is an industry standard reference book. Since its publishing, this book has been a top seller of technical reference books.
John Zink Hamworthy Combustion has a team of world class researchers that uses a variety of approaches to develop patented technologies and continuously improves our portfolio of products. Our Research and Development Test Center, located at our Tulsa headquarters, includes a wide range of state of the art testing capabilities. The next generation of ultra-low-emission combustion and environmental systems is engineered and exhaustively tested at industrial scale to measure performance under a wide range of operating conditions. A team of Ph.D. engineers uses advanced computer hardware and computational fluid dynamic software to solve complicated turbulent fluid flow problems involving multiple step chemical reactions and non-linear heat transfer.
The world-renowned JOHN ZINK INSTITUTE sets new standards in knowledge-sharing through accredited, practical courses on process and boiler burners, process and biogas flares and vapor control technologies. Our world-class management systems are recognized and certified for meeting or exceeding industry standards in quality (ISO 9001), safety and health (OHSAS 18001), and the environment (ISO 14001).
John Zink Company LLC is a Koch Chemical Technology Group, LLC company. To learn more about John Zink Hamworthy Combustion, visit www.johnzinkhamworthy.com.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: