POWER CREW LEADER - 008764
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Utilities Crew Leader Georgia-Pacific is currently seeking Rotational Supervisor for our Utilities Department in the Monticello Paper Mill.
The successful candidate will be a self-driven individual with a passion for excellence in Safety, Manufacturing, and Customer Focus. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, providing leadership with accountability for all hourly employees on the shift, safety, health, and environmental compliance; customer service, coaching, training, and development of operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, technical and interpersonal communication skills; addressing key issues and concern; and interacting with employees from other departments to ensure success of operational goals.
Knowledge / Skills / Capabilities:
* Demonstrate the ability to internalize and apply the MBM Guiding Principles and Framework
* Strong commitment to achieving environmental, health and safety excellence
* Strong leadership and intrapersonal communication skills.
* Work in a cooperative and collaborative manner with other depts. To minimize waste and achieve operational goals.
* Ability to learn and apply root cause analysis, and problem solving and drive process improvement.
* Demonstrate the ability to use different software packages. (Word, Excel, PTM, Passport, Internet applications)
* Demonstrate a sense of urgency and accountability. Includes, but not limited to: + Housekeeping + Prioritizing and coordinating work flows + Tracking continuous improvement opportunities + Plan, assign work, and provide follow-up
* Ability to interpret labor agreement and resolve employee complaints and issues.
* Strong leadership skills and coaching skills with the ability to develop high levels of teamwork and participation.
* High School Degree, and 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility; or Bachelors degree with 2 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility.
* Position requires working rotating shifts and week-ends
* Must have a working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) and ability to learn various PC-Based reporting system applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: