OPTIMIZER - PAPER MACHINE
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
OPTIMIZER- PAPER MACHINE
CEDAR SPRINGS, GA
This role will work closely with the Production Area Leader to optimize our paper machine activities for a large integrated paper mill.† The successful candidate will focus on safely improving productivity and reducing costs through process/equipment and operator knowledge/skill improvement.
* Drive the department to achieve a safety and environmental incident free workplace.
* Lead the department to achieve/maintain compliance with regard to organizational, state, and federal regulatory standards (commercial, environmental/health/safety, etc,).
* Provide leadership through effective utilization of Kochís Market Based Management (MBM) and the MBM Framework.
* Lead and develop employees utilizing the MBM Guiding Principles and Operations Excellence tools to improve capability and performance.
* Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of asset reliability, cost optimization, quality capability, productivity and strategic capital planning and execution.
* Work with the business group to optimize assets.
* Maintain high standards of quality and reliability to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively teach, coach and mentor people.
* Economic thinking skills.
* Strong communication, presentation, planning and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize.
* Collaborate enthusiastically with others.
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills; utilize constructive challenge to drive to the optimum solution.
* Demonstrated leadership showing the ability to affect operational change and improvement.
* Demonstrated operational results showing year over year improvement.
* Minimum of 5 years of paper industry experience.
* Project management experience desired.
* Bachelorís degree in engineering or paper science preferred.
* Prior supervision or leadership experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/VExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
Cedar Springs, GA