MAINTENANCE MACHINIST - 001836
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
The successful candidate will be expected to become familiar with all plant equipment and be able to troubleshoot down to a component level on their own.
* In addition to Pre-placement assessment & panel interview, all applicants must successfully pass a written as well as a “hands-on” specialized skills test.
* Successful completion of a 6 yr machinist apprenticeship program or at least 2 years of college or vocational training in a related discipline plus 2 years experience in an industrial environment is preferred.
* Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
* Must have a high school diploma/equivalent.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be able to work in a team environment.
* Must be able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, & noisy industrial environment.
* Must be willing to work shift work, variable start times, including overtime, weekends, & holidays (as sched.).
* Must be willing to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, & other substances.
* Must be willing to adhere to safety rules & regulations.
* Must be willing to wear safety equipment such as safety glasses, hard hats, hearing protection, safety shoes, etc.
* Must be willing to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for an extended period of time (lifting, walking, climbing, twisting, stooping) with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Must be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement as condition of employment
* Must be willing to consent to a back ground check.
* Must be able to pass a drug test and remain drug free.
* Must be willing to work in a tobacco free environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/VExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: