MAINTENANCE LEADER - 000573
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Georgia Pacific Cellulose, LLC in Brunswick, GA has an exciting opportunity for a talented Routine Maintenance Leader to enhance the operations at our Brunswick, Georgia facility.
The Maintenance Leader is responsible for providing hands on leadership for all electrical and mechanical task performers with emphasis on planning, scheduling, and work execution. The candidate will develop and implement strategies that drive continuous improvement and support all elements of reliability. This leader will be responsible for facilitation of knowledge and skill development for the maintenance team and ensure all members progress and maintain compliance to a personal development plan.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the maintenance department to ensure the mill is meeting the objectives in safety, quality, production, reliability, cost, and customer service. The candidate will lead in full implementation of Market Based Management (MBM), preventative maintenance programs, and support predictive efforts and also act as an interface with Operations to assess and maximize maintenance improvement opportunities.
This position is also responsible and accountable for the development of approximately 20 salaried direct reports along with the hourly workforce in the operating areas.
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
* Prefer Bachelorís Degree in Electrical Engineering
* Minimum 5 years experience with industrial plant maintenance crew management.
* Maintenance planning and scheduling experience.
* Proven track record of results.
* Ability to work with others in a team environment.
* Leadership - be able to lead MBM culture with your team focusing on Vision, Virtue and Talents, Knowledge Processes,
* Decision Rights and Incentives.
* Must be able to connect directs reports to their individual contributions, long term value creation, business results and compensation.
* Knowledge of equipment maintenance requirement for a large paper mill, including electrical and instrumentation.
* Pulp and paper industry experience is preferred
* Experience in RCM, Preventative Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance Technologies, Lubrication, Design for Reliability (Constructing equipment taking into account life cycle costs and maintainability), Understanding of predictive maintenance technologies. Understanding of application and use of CMMS
* Proven organizational, interpersonal and communication skills The ability to drive the implementation of solutions through the appropriate work processes
* Demonstrated ability to lead formal root cause analyses.
* Proficient in MS Office
* Experience with Paper machine equipment maintenance preferred
* A minimum of 10 or more years of Supervisory Leadership experience in a maintenance field with a minimum of 5 years work experience in the Electrical field.
* Ability to work with others in a team environment. Leadership, be able to lead MBM culture with your team focusing on Vision, Virtue and Talents, Knowledge Processes,
* Decision Rights and Incentives. Must be able to connect direct reports to their individual contributions, long term value creation, business results and compensation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/VExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: