MAINTENANCE ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN - 005027
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Responsible for safely providing maintenance support to our facility.
Qualified candidates will utilize both excellent electrical skills and knowledge in electrical/electronics (PLCs, A/C and D/C motors and drives, control logic, schematics and troubleshooting) in our continuous process manufacturing environment to achieve machine uptime metrics.
Candidate will work positively with maintenance and operations teams to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing constraints as well as being engaged in the preventative maintenance processes.
• 5 to 7 years of previous experience as an Electrician or Maintenance Mechanic (electrical, mechanical, and electronic equipment).
• Experience reading technical drawings and schematics.
Previous corrugated maintenance experience strongly preferred, Marquip equipment preferred.
• Knowledge and practical application experience in electrical/electronics, PLCs, A/C and D/D motors, drives and controls.
• Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and NFPA 70 Standards
• Comprehensive knowledge in hydraulics, pneumatics troubleshooting and repair.
• Must have knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform maintenance on electrical controls, adjustable motor drives.
Other Conditions of Employment:
• Eligible to work in the United States
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Eighteen years of age or older.
• Able to communicate efficiently both oral and written.
• Good reading and math skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work in an industrial environment.
• Willingness to work shift work, variable start times, including overtime, and weekends (as scheduled).
• Must be willing to adhere to safety rules and regulations
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: