MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR - 005004
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Maintenance Supervisor – Toledo Mill
This position reports directly to the Toledo Mill’s Maintenance Leader. The Supervisor will work with leaders from maintenance, operations and engineering to develop both short term and long term maintenance strategies to ensure the safety, reliability and performance of maintenance area equipment.
Safety and Environmental Leadership – Lead, develop, comply with and enforce world class industrial maintenance safety processes and procedures; Investigate incidents and participate in resolution of causes; Ensure organization and housekeeping standards are implemented and maintained; Ensure environmental control systems are operating to standard and that required environmental procedures and standards are met.
Personnel Leadership – Ensure all mechanics are properly supported, aligned with team goals, and given regular and appropriate feedback on performance; Ensure maintenance employee’s skills, abilities, and responsibilities are in a state of continuous improvement; Ensure maintenance employees are held accountable to their expectations and rewarded accordingly.
Work Management – Ensure maintenance work is properly planned, scheduled, performed, and completed; Maintain detailed knowledge of facility and equipment condition; Manage work of outside contractors as required.
– Ensure preventive maintenance work is performed as scheduled; Drive development of preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
– Perform systematic analysis and resolution of process and equipment failures; Participate in troubleshooting process; Develop and implement concepts and designs for process improvement projects.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Five (5) years of maintenance leadership experience.
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering, or other related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong sense of urgency and teamwork
* Strong communication, scheduling and organizing skills
* Proven ability in managing others as well as influencing and building partnerships
* Ability to lead teams through change and improvement
* Leadership experience with a customer focus on industrial reliability
* Proven knowledge and track record in world class maintenance safety processes
* Knowledge of industrial mechanical equipment
* Ability to work and communicate with outside resources: OEM representatives, vendors, contractors, service companies
* Problem solving and root cause analysis skills
* Personal computer skills, especially Maintenance Management software, e.g. Passport, Excel, Word, Outlook
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/VExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: