OPTIMIZER PULP MILL - 004908
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Pulp Mill Optimizer
* Work closely with the area leader, gatekeeper, asset availability leader and maintenance department to achieve the departmental goals and mill vision
* Work with the area production leader to own all departmental responsibilities
* Provide leadership for the overall safety and environmental performance of the pulp mill
* Owner of department permit accuracy, lockout, CPS/PSM, and all other compliance requirements
* Lead and own the pulp mill and chip unloading area operational reliability using economic thinking and condition-based strategies
* Work closely with gatekeeper, asset availability leader, and maintenance department to scope, prioritize, and schedule maintenance for area reliability
* Partner with the asset availability leader, operators, and maintenance to use root cause analysis to resolve reliability issues
* Support the asset availability leader and operators to sustain and continuously improve area’s operator basic care process
* Coordinate between maintenance and operations to schedule work based on production schedules and routine outages
* Participate in daily maintenance update meetings to review current day work and upcoming maintenance schedule
* Scope, plan, and implement annual and routine outages for pulp and woodyard
* Work closely with the gatekeeper on annual and monthly department maintenance forecast, including outages, and determine variances
* Provide leadership and supervision for the chip unloading crew
* Provide resource for area strategic opportunities
* Work with area production leader and chip procurement to manage inventories
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering, and/or related work experience in pulp mill maintenance or production/supervision
* Previous experience as a pulp mill superintendent or supervisor preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years of industrial experience required, pulp mill experience preferred.
* Behavior consistent with the MBM^® Guiding Principles and MBM^® Framework
* Experience and knowledge of chip unloading operations, Kraft batch and semi-chemical pulping and washing, blow heat evaporators
* Excellent economic thinking, leadership, interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills
* Proven communication, planning, organization and visionary skills.
* Proficient computer skills with emphasis on computer maintenance management systems, PI, and Microsoft Office tools
* Proven ability in leading teams and work in a team-based environment.
* Willing to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend duty as necessary to manage facility performance
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: