Environmental Program Manager
The Environmental Program Manager position is expected to be located in
Memphis, TN and will report to the Director Environment, Health &
The position level will be determined by the expertise &
experience of the selected candidate. The program manager will provide
functional program review, support & leadership in environmental matters
to global operations. Job functions include development of company
policies, procedures, programs and associated implementation tools based
on best available scientific evidence, professional experience and
knowledge of current and emerging regulatory requirements. Provides
guidance to business groups and operating locations on the
implementation strategies for environmental regulatory requirements,
company policy, procedures and programs and will work closely with EHS &
Manufacturing leadership across the company.
Responsible for developing technically innovative strategies to the most
challenging environmental issues facing the company and providing
technical leadership and support to drive continuous systematic
improvement in our environmental performance. Will assist in
influencing external regulatory initiatives and developing and
communicating compliance strategies and tools which minimize exposure
and maximize financial advantage for new environmental regulatory
policies and programs.
Other key responsibilities include:
• Manage assigned program areas to meet company expectations
related to environmental issues and compliance assurance;
• Provides subject matter expertise and demonstrated leadership in
several environmental and project management areas (water, solid waste,
• Develop, implement, and maintain global environmental management
systems and strategies for environmental compliance and performance
• Work with locations on permitting matters and resolution of
complex compliance and performance improvement opportunities including
leadership of negotiations with agencies;
• Identify emerging environmental issues and organize company-wide
communication and responses; Participate in development of new
initiatives for superior environmental performance and financial
results; Manage department initiatives to accomplish defined company,
business and department objectives; Represent Environment, Health,
Safety & Sustainability in interdepartmental company initiatives;
• Direct external consultants and internal stakeholder resources.
• Minimum of 6-15 years of relevant environmental experience in
heavy manufacturing environments.
• Bachelors degree in science, engineering or environmental related
degree and an appropriate professional certification or equivalent with
advanced degree preferable.
• Strong written & verbal communication skills; presentation and
training delivery skills.
• Expert knowledge of EPA & State regulations.
• Ability to travel on a frequent basis.
• Global experience preferable
Please apply online at: www.ipaper.com/careers
International Paper is an equal opportunity employer.